Generosity is a core value for the people of St. Margaret’s Episcopal Church. We understand generosity as a grateful response to the abundance that God has given us. Following God’s lead, we choose to invest all that we are—not simply our resources but our time and our talents as well—in a bold purpose. We believe God calls us to help people thrive as members of the Body of Christ in a diverse and inclusive worshiping community.
There are many ways to give!
Members may choose to make their commitment on a weekly, monthly, or annual basis. It can be submitted at church services, online through Realm, through other recurring automatic services, or by mail. Among the advantages of giving through Realm are: the ability to set up automatic payments enabling you to maintain your pledge regularly and permitting you to monitor your giving at any time while providing the parish with greater certainty with our recurring cash flow needs.
This is the best way for you to give regularly to St. Margaret’s. It is easy and secure* plus it gives you immediate access to your giving history. Here are the steps to take:
- Go to your Profile on Realm: onrealm.org/stmargaretsdc
- Click on giving on the left-hand column
- Click on +Give
- Type in the amount you want to give and the fund you want to give to (Annual Pledge, Altar or Flower Guild or Building Preservation Fund).
- Indicate the Frequency of giving (one time, weekly, monthly, etc.)
- Identify the payment method (from your checking account, savings account, credit card or debit card). If you use a credit or debit card, please add 5% to your contribution to cover the credit card costs.
- Review your information and click Give.
*Realm partners with Vanco, a merchant services provider, to process financial transactions. Vanco is a Payment Card Industry (PCI) Level Compliant Service Provider. For detailed information, please go to http://vancopayments.com/security. We have consulted with two parishioners knowledgeable about online security and both affirmed their confidence in the security of the Vanco system. Further questions may be addressed to Ed Gamber, Parish Treasurer.
Online through Your Bank’s Bill Pay Services
- You can set this up as a one-time, or as an automatic-recurring payment.
- Your bank mails a paper check to St. Margaret’s.
- There is no cost to you for using this service, and no service charge or fee deducted from the amount received.
- The contact details you need to set up the church as an online bill pay account with your bank are: St. Margaret’s Episcopal Church, 1830 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20009, (202) 232-2995.
- You can stop or change these payments at any time through your bank’s Bill Pay website.
- If you have never used this service before, simply go to your bank’s web page and click on a tab for online banking services or online bill pay. You will then be walked through the set up.
- Check: Put a check in the offering plate with [Year] Pledge in the Memo line.
- Cash: If you are using cash to pay your pledge, please use an envelope or attach a note saying the cash is for your [Year] pledge.
- Text: Text MAGGIE and your donation amount to 73256 to give to St. Margaret’s using your text messaging (e.g., MAGGIE $50). As a first-time giver, it will take you approximately 2 minutes to set up your payment method. Once your first text gift is processed, the payment method is saved for future gifts and allows for a faster and more convenient giving experience. Standard text message rates do apply.
Give by Mail
Send your check with [Year] Pledge in the memo line to:
St. Margaret’s Episcopal Church
1830 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20008
You Shop. Amazon gives.
If you are an Amazon shopper, you can make a difference while you shop on Amazon. At smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the same Amazon you know, with the added bonus that AmazonSmile will donate a portion of the eligible purchase price to St. Margaret’s. Sign up by designating “St. Margaret’s Episcopal Church of Washington DC” as your chosen charity.
Gifts of Stocks, Securities, and Property
St. Margaret’s welcomes gifts of stock, securities, and property. Your gift will allow the church to receive the full market value of the donated asset while enabling you to realize potentially significant tax benefits. Please email email@example.com for detailed instructions.
Gifts Through Planned Giving
Planned giving allows you to leave a legacy for the ongoing structural, operational, and ministerial needs of St. Margaret’s. We gratefully welcome gifts through such mechanisms as charitable gift annuities, life insurance, trusts, wills, retirement accounts, and life estates. Please consult your attorney or financial planner to discuss these various opportunities.